Experience the culture. Gain confidence in speaking the language!
Our intensive courses are offered at two levels:
- beginners (no prior knowledge of Greek is assumed)
- advanced (students have existing knowledge of Greek)
Please follow the link for more information on which level is best for you.
Features of our courses include:
- small groups of five to ten people (maximum)
- exposure to the language in real communicative settings, as well as practice in real communicative situations
- activities which ‘immerse’ students in the language: role-playing, group tasks, small projects
- work with a wide range of texts in Greek, including excerpts from Greek literature, poetry, and mythology; as well as recipes, letters, emails and so on
- strong audio-visual content, including images of Greek life drawn from pottery and paintings, as well as songs and movie clips
- excursions to places of cultural significance (such as archaeological sites and museums) and encounters with local culture (from the open market, to dance, to local cuisine)
Total hours for the program is 30 hours across 6 days (20 hours instruction and 10 hours cultural activities, trips, restaurant visits and so on).
|Course Dates||Duration||Levels Offered|
|24 June-1 July||6 days||Beginners & Advanced|
|30 August-8 September||6 days||Beginners & Advanced|
The lessons will be held at Casa Lucia.
The fees for one week are €300. A deposit of €150 must be sent with the Registration Form, either via bank transfer or on-line via PayPal. The balance of the fees must be paid 4 weeks before beginning the course.